The Little Tikes Inflatable Bounce House is a simple-to-assemble play area that lets children bounce and slide in a safe environment. There are many other products like this on the market. However, our today’s pick hides some aces up its sleeve. This is why we are taking an in-depth look at the quality and features of this variation.
General Info About the Little Tikes Inflatable Bounce House
Before buying the Little Tikes Inflatable Bounce House, it is important to take a look at a multitude of its specifications. These elements will let you know whether or not it can fit in your yard, how many children can enjoy it, and how difficult it is to set up. Read through all of these specifications to get a feel for this product and its many benefits:
- Dimension: 144 by 108 by 72 inches/ 365 by 274 by 182 centimeters
- Interior Dimension: 84 by 84 by 47.5/ 213 by 213 by 120 centimeters
- Weight: 37.5 pounds/ 17 kilograms
- Accessories: Storage bag, blower, repair kit, and stakes
- Maximum Capacity: Three children or one adult
- Weight Capacity: 250 pounds/ 113 kilograms
- Material: High-quality poly
- Protective Netting: Mesh walls
- Slide Angle: 30 degrees
- Required Setup: Minimal
- Price Range: Affordable
The Little Tikes Inflatable Bounce House is designed for simple fun at home and shouldn’t be used professionally. Larger inflatable bounce houses are designed to be heavier and more durable to hold a larger number of children. This model is designed to be used by just a handful of individuals. Therefore, it shouldn’t be crowded too heavily.
Moreover, adult use should be minimized as much as possible. While this unit can hold a single adult, repeated use may cause damage to its material. It is probably best used for playing in the summertime, beach parties or birthday celebrations. Make sure that the number of users is carefully monitored to avoid causing any damage to it.
PROs and CONs of Little Tikes Inflatable Bounce House
- Very large jumping area
- Protective netting keeps children safe
- Slide makes the play area more fun
- Easy and quick to inflate
- Tall walls to keep your children safe
- Mesh door gives them private jumping fun
- Two doors make it easy to enter
- Blower must run continually
- Space may be limited for more than three children
- Punctures may be possible if you don’t use a pad
How to Assemble the Little Tikes Inflatable Bounce House
To get to enjoy all the adventures this bounce house has in store for the little ones, adults have to set it up first. While not as complicated as a trampoline assembly, the delivery will still only present itself with just the pieces of the puzzle. Here’s how to raise and deflate full bounce house in your yard:
- Open the box containing the bounce house and remove it slowly and carefully.
- Find a spot on your yard that can hold it and haul it over there for inflation.
- Cover the play area with an appropriate-sized mat and place the bounce house on it.
- Pull the house open from its folded state as much as possible to make it easier to inflate.
- Find an extension cord, plug it in, and pull it out near the bounce house.
- Plug-in the blower and attach its hose to the inflation tube. Make sure to keep the connection tight.
- Turn on the blower and let the bounce house fill up to maximum inflation.
- Continue to run the blower while your children play.
- Let your children enjoy the bounce house for up to 3-4 hours at a time, the maximum play length.
- Deflate the house by pulling out the plug and letting the air drain out of the hole.
- Walk on the house without shoes while it deflates to increase the speed at which it loses air.
- Fold the house up as much as possible and store it in an appropriate container.
- Place the blower in a sealed container to keep it safe from water damage.
- Store the bounce house and the blower in a dry and temperature-controlled room of your home during the winter.
In this official video from Little Tikes, you get an insider look at this fun bounce house and how to set it up. Beyond that, you also get a look at children enjoying it and learn a few safety tips that make it easier to setup and use without any difficulty.
What Are the User Reviews Saying?
The rare picky reviewers on Amazon are very pleased by the quality of the Little Tikes Inflatable Bounce House. A full 81 percent of the over 1,500 reviews were five-star. Another seven percent were four-star reviews, meaning it has an 88 percent positive review rating. Nonetheless, 12 percent of reviewers gave it a three-star review or lower and had complaints with it. These included:
- Manufacturing defects
- Deflation during use
- Punctures in the surface
- Issues with the blower
- Exposed threads pulling it apart
While these negative comments are important to take into consideration, praise for the Little Tikes Inflatable Bounce House was abundant. For example, one reviewer stated that it went up easily and was simple to understand. Others were pleased with how much fun their children had with it and praised its overall design. Even those that experienced some problems praised Little Tikes for their customer service and were happy with how quickly they received replacement items.
The high volume of positive reviews of the Little Tikes Inflatable Bounce House, as well as its scarcity of negatives, make this an excellent play choice for children of all ages. If your children are looking for a fun place to play, you should try it out. In case you have any experience with setting it up or using it, please don’t hesitate to drop us a line and let us know.