There are many trampolines that you can purchase online. The Merax trampoline with basketball hoop is a model that tries to compete with some of the biggest brands like Skywalker, Jumpsport, and Upper Bounce. This particular model adds a basketball hoop that delivers more fun to the trampoline experience. To help you determine if the Merax trampoline with basketball hoop is a worthwhile buy, we’ll look at the different aspects of the product and give it a fair assessment.
General Info About the Merax Trampoline
The Merax trampoline with basketball hoop is meant to be a medium priced trampoline that’s great for two to three young kids to play on. It comes with a safety net, basketball hoop, ladders, and stands on six legs for extra stability. The frame and legs are meant to be rust resistant so that they can handle outdoor wet conditions. It’s meant to be a solid all-around trampoline that offers a mix of safety, stability, performance, and entertainment.
Like many other trampolines, there is a mat covering the springs for extra safety. The material of the mat itself isn’t of the highest quality but it’s not too bad either. If you want a really high-quality mat, you should consider buying replacement mats from another manufacturer the moment the mats that come with this trampoline wear off.
The mat that does come with the Merax trampoline isn’t advertised as UV resistant. Therefore, if you want it to last for some time, make sure you purchase a mat cover that can withstand vicious weather conditions and use it regularly.
One of the big advantages of this trampoline is the fact that it has comes with a basketball hoop. Unlike other hoops, it attaches to the net poles for extra security and durability. This doesn’t mean that kids can hang on to the rims like a regular basketball backboard and rim. Nonetheless, it does mean that kids can dunk on it with moderate force without the fear of it breaking off.
Universal add-ons are not as sturdy as this backboard and hoop. They usually break very quickly when repeatedly dunked on. As a result, this particular feature of the Merax trampoline is a big selling point.
Size: 10’9″ H x 14′ W x 14′ D
Weight capacity: 330 lbs
Weight: 145 lbs
Ages: 6 and up
Price range: Medium
Pros and Cons of the Merax Trampoline with Basketball Hoop
It’s important to point out that this trampoline is not a high-end product. It is competitively priced and more affordable than other brands, especially for the size of trampoline. As such, you’re going to see a good balance of pros and cons.
- It is a good all around trampoline that performs as expected. This model offers solid performance, safety, and durability.
- The trampoline is very well priced even for a mid-range product. The competition is priced higher for a similarly sized trampoline.
- The basketball hoop is made of a real metal pole so that you can dunk on it. Other trampolines or add-ons tend to break very easily.
- Customers have had a good experience with getting in touch with the company for replacement parts or problems concerning their initial order.
- Some customers have reported that the material quality didn’t measure up to competing brands. The poles, in particular, were not as stable and durable as expected.
- Some users have had trouble assembling the trampoline. It seems that the instructions are not clear enough. We’ve made it a point to provide helpful videos further down to help with the assembly process should you decide that the Merax trampoline is right for you.
This video features a step by step guide on assembling the Merax Trampoline with Basketball Hoop. Many customers have had trouble assembling this particular model, so this guide will help you avoid mistakes and assemble the trampoline faster.
What Are the User Reviews Saying?
Most of the review for the Merax trampoline is positive. It currently is rated a 4 out of 5 which indicates that it’s a solid product customers are happy with. To give you an idea of what customers think, here are their most important points.
- Most customers are happy with the quality of the product for the price. This indicates that this trampoline is a great value.
- As mentioned earlier, one of the selling points is the basketball hoop. Customers have reported that the backboard and hoop are very durable compared to add-ons and the ones that come with similar trampolines.
- Users report that the trampoline itself is stable and durable. It doesn’t deliver the best bounce you can possibly find, yet the performance is still solid.
- Customers really liked that the netting does not easily rip off easily as with other trampolines. This provides extra safety if kids bounce off the walls.
- The two biggest complaints seem to be some difficulty in assembling the trampoline and the material not being durable enough. Some of the smaller parts seem to have broken off when put under excess stress.
Overall, the Merax Trampoline with basketball hoop is a solid buy. It’s a mid-priced all around trampoline that’s a great value for your money. The trampoline focuses on safety and stability, delivering on these promises. The addition of the basketball hoop is something that many kids will really enjoy and is a big bonus for large families. Obviously, the trampoline has a few minor flaws, but the benefits heavily outweigh the negatives. If you’re looking for a decently sized trampoline for a low price, this is a model you should consider.