If you’re looking to buy a trampoline, you will probably come across Skywalker Trampolines. This popular company makes some of the most affordable trampolines on the market. But you want to know if it is worth your money and safe for your family.
Before making a trampoline decision, you should learn some facts about the company itself first.
About Skywalker Trampolines
Skywalker Trampolines first began selling its products in 2004. The company is in Utah, but the production facilities are in China.
One of the things that make the company’s trampolines stand out is that every single one comes standard with a net enclosure. Other companies make you pay extra for a net, and since Skywalker Trampolines already have reasonable prices, it only increases the overall value.
Not only does the company include a net with your purchase, but it’s not your standard net. It has a design for ultimate safety against falls and spring accidents.
Recommended Read: Best Non-Slip Trampoline Socks to Wear
Skywalker Trampolines Product List
Skywalker Trampolines come in an array of colors, including purple, green, blue, navy, and camo. They also provide various size options. The company’s trampolines come in four shapes:
The company also has two premium trampolines. The Colossal is a 16-foot square trampoline. The other option is a 17-foot Olympic-sized rectangle trampoline.
Skywalker Trampolines also offers special combo deals, such as a sports arena or lighted spring pads. You can also buy different add-ons to give you more options.
Buy on Amazon
Skywalker Trampolines Review
This brand is one of the most popular on the market. The general Skywalker Trampolines review is that it strikes the perfect balance between budget and quality.
Safety is always a top concern with trampolines because the injury possibilities can be quite severe. The good news is that this brand has a focus on safety.
To prevent spring-related injuries, the net sits inside the unit to prevent any contact with the springs. In addition, there are no gaps in the bottom of the net for a secure barrier.
Weight and standards
Every trampoline from this brand has a weight limit carefully set to ensure safe use. Weight limits for most of the products are 200 pounds.
The 13-foot square model has a limit of 275 pounds, and the 15 by 9-foot rectangle, 14-foot square, and 15-foot square have a weight limit of 250 pounds.
Buy on Amazon
All trampolines from this brand meet or exceed ASTM safety standards. The ASTM International safety standards for trampolines help guarantee that the products meet certain safety specifications for components, assembly, and use.
The aim is to reduce the hazards associated with these products.
Safety extends into the construction of Skywalker Trampolines products. They use the most secure joints and reinforced T-sockets. The material used on metal parts is a rust-resistant Galvanized steel.
All trampolines feature heavy-duty springs, and they come with anchor straps and spikes to secure the frame to prevent it from blowing away.
The netting is a soft, polyethylene with tight weaving for durability.
The biggest issue with Skywalker Trampolines’ products is the tricky assembly. In fact, the instructions are confusing.
It’s very easy to miss a step and have to backtrack and disassemble the unit. The confusion comes during spring installation, requiring that you install the netting before installing the springs.
Other than this portion of the instructions, assembly isn’t too difficult. The product comes in neatly organized packages with proper packing materials.
The parts and boxes have labels to prevent any confusion and to make it easy to ensure you have all the parts before you begin.
When shopping for a trampoline, the size relates to how much room you have for the product and how much jump space you want. The primary consideration to make is the shape because each shape has different characteristics.
If you want to bounce high and get the bounciest experience possible, you’ll want to choose the rectangle shape. The square has the second-best bounce. Plus, it usually has the highest weight limits and offers the most surface space.
The round and oval shapes have a natural redirect pattern where no matter what spot you start in, the trampoline will bring you back to the center.
The oval shape will provide you with the longest jumps. The round has a lighter frame and is also the sturdiest shape.
Skywalker Trampolines also sell a range of accessories:
- Basketball hoops
- Volleyball nets
- Toss games
If you have an issue, question, or concern, you need to be able to contact the company and receive attention immediately. The Better Business Bureau (BBB) gives this company an A+ rating since 2014. The BBB rates companies on their interactions with customers.
The takeaway here is that Skywalker Trampolines is responsive and attentive to consumers. While people will often report bad experiences, you have to consider the overall experience, which in this case, seems to be positive.
Skywalker Trampolines provides a guarantee that when you receive the product, it will be free of defects in the construction and materials when you use it under normal conditions.
The warranty on the steel frame is 3 years with a 1-year warranty for all other parts. The premium class trampolines have a 4-year frame warranty.
Remember, taking care of your trampoline is critical to making warranty claims. The warranty doesn’t cover:
- Replacement parts not purchased from authorized agent
- Weather damage
- Third-party assembly errors
- Loss during shipping
You will need to ensure that if you live in an area with harsh winter weather that you properly store the trampoline during this season. Leaving it exposed to the elements will cause increased wear and lead to an early breakdown of the parts.
When you decide to buy a trampoline from Skywalker Trampolines, you should only do so from an authorized retailer to protect the warranty.
- Safety is our 1st priority: Patented enclosure eliminates gaps between the enclosure net and the jumping surface protecting children from pinch points and openings
- Safe design: 96 6.5" long steel rust resistant springs located around the outside of the enclosure net for safety. Enclosure system features upright foam padded poles for stability, woven net has a dual zipper and clip closure system for additional safety
- Slam dunk basketball hoop: Made of soft, safe play materials with a hook and loop breakaway rim to minimize damage to enclosure net and poles; Includes 1 foam basketball
- Jump for joy: Great for your next “family fun time” while getting your blood pumping and your muscles moving. Great addition to your backyard along with our other playground equipment including our swing sets, jungle gyms, and monkey bars
- Warranty: We stand behind our quality guarantee with our 3 year limited warranty on the frame and 1 year limited warranty on all other materials. SAFETY NOTE: Our high quality polyethylene netting is tightly woven to keep fingers and toes from getting caught. Basketball hoop and ball are made of soft materials for safe play
- Safety is our #1 priority: Patented enclosure eliminates gaps between the enclosure net and the jumping surface protecting children from pinch points and openings; All our products are tested for safety and durability to meet or exceed all ASTM standards
- Safe design: This kid’s trampoline features a 360 degree padded handle bar that helps stabilize kids as they jump. Enclosure net sewn directly to jump mat, eliminating gaps
- Themed jump and learn: This 60 inches round seaside adventure mini trampoline features a fun, ocean themed jumping mat that encourages animal recognition. Powder-coated steel frame construction
- Jump for joy: These mini trampolines are designed for home indoor use only. Stretch bands are used in place of springs to protect the joints of your little ones. It features a muted color palette that you and the kids will love
- Warranty: We stand behind our quality guarantee with our 3-year limited warranty on the frame and 1-year limited warranty on all other materials
- SAFETY IS OUR #1 PRIORITY: Patented enclosure eliminates gaps between the enclosure net and the jumping surface protecting children from pinch points & openings. All our products are tested for safety and durability to meet or exceed all ASTM standards
- SLAM DUNK BASKETBALL HOOP: Made of soft, safe play materials with a hook-and-loop breakaway rim to minimize damage to enclosure net and poles; includes 1 foam basketball
- JUMP FOR JOY: Great for your next “family fun time” while getting your blood pumping and your muscles moving. Great addition to your backyard along with our other playground equipment including our swing sets, jungle gyms, and monkey bars
- WARRANTY: We stand behind our quality guarantee with our 3-year limited warranty on the frame and 1-year limited warranty on all other materials
- SAFE DESIGN: 96 6.5" long rust-resistant springs located around the outside of the enclosure net for safety. Enclosure system features upright foam padded poles for stability while polyethylene woven net has a dual zipper and latch clilp for safety
- Your purchase includes one Skywalker Jump-N-Dunk Rectangular 15' Trampoline, with enclosure, Basketball hoop and foam basketball
- Trampoline dimensions: 15’ x 9’ x 9’. Frame height from ground: 37.4”. Jumping surface: 92 square feet. Weight limit: 250 pounds
- This trampoline uses two different (80-7” & 4-5.5”) springs. These are 25 millimeter.
- Made of soft, safe play materials with a hook-and-loop breakaway rim to minimize damage to enclosure net and poles
- Patented enclosure eliminates gaps between the enclosure net and the jumping surface, protecting children from pinch points & openings. All of our products are tested for safety and durability to meet or exceed ASTM standards
- The material it’s made of Polyvinyl chloride. Enclosure system features upright foam padded poles for added stability. Each pole is angled at the top to keep the enclosure net away from the poles for added safety while jumping
- For children older than 6 years old. Jump surface – 59 square feet clearance above space the ground – 24 feet; Weight limit – 175 pounds; Underneath clearance – 30.5” off the ground. Outdoor only
- You can place the trampoline on concrete; However, it is recommended to place a rubber mat underneath to avoid shifting
- We stand behind our quality guarantee with our 3-year limited warranty on the frame and 1-year limited warranty on all other materials
- Patented enclosure eliminates gaps between the enclosure net and the jumping surface protecting children from pinch points and openings. All our products are tested for safety and durability to meet or exceed all ASTM standards
Pros and cons
To provide an in-depth Skywalker Trampolines review, let’s look at the company’s general pros and cons.
- W-shaped legs and reinforced frames
- Multiple color options
- No gaps between jumping space and enclosure net
- Rust-resistant springs
- Polyethylene netting
- Padded enclosure poles
- Thick spring pads
- Overall excellent value
- Attentive customer support
- Focus on safety
- Unclear assembly instructions
- Lightweight frames that blow away easily
Compare to other brands
Getting the best idea of the overall quality and value you get with a Skywalker Trampolines product helps to see how this brand stands up to other popular trampoline brands.
We’ll compare with the 10-foot Round Trampoline from Skywalker Trampolines, which is Model #SWTC100G. It includes the patented net enclosure with no gaps and connection inside the springs. It has a durable steel frame and is compact in size for space-restricted back yards.
Jumpsport generally is a lower quality product. Its products have lengthy assembly requirements, and they do not offer netting as a standard inclusion with purchase. Finally, this company has a very limited warranty that doesn’t cover all the parts.
A top pick from this company is the JumpSport 14-foot Elite trampoline. It boasts easy installation and an integrated safety net. The company also claims it is highly durable and will last longer than the competition’s products.
Buy on Amazon
Propel does not offer netting as standard, and netting isn’t even available for all models. However, it does design nets to sit inside the springs, just like Skywalker Trampolines. Plus, this company has trampolines with weight limits up to 300 pounds.
The Propel 14-Foot Trampoline with Safety Enclosure, model #P14P-BE, has a smooth bounce. The company also states it has a Sure-Lock frame pad. Stability comes from the engineered steel joint brackets.No products found.
No products found.
Pure Fun provides you with easy assembly and no confusing instructions, which you know is the biggest issue with Skywalker Trampolines. However, this company’s products have issues with sturdiness and lack durability.
Pure Fun 12-foot Dura-Bounce Trampoline with Enclosure, Model #9312TS has a weight capacity of up to 350 pounds. It uses 72 springs and has U-shaped legs for stability.No products found.
No products found.
Springfree is probably the only company that really gives Skywalker Trampolines some serious competition. As the company’s name suggests, its products do not use springs.
The quality, durability, stability, and other features of this brand’s trampolines are about equal to Skywalker Trampoline products.
The biggest issue with Springfree, and one of the top reasons you may choose Skywalker Trampolines’ products instead, is that the price is much higher.
The spring-free design increases the cost by a considerable amount, and that is what you pay for. Since Skywalker Trampolines takes so many steps to reduce hazards with its products, it almost doesn’t even give Springfree much of an edge.
A top seller is the Springfree Medium Oval Trampoline. This measures 8-foot by 11-foot, but the company states it has a surface equal to 10-foot by 13-foot. It’s best for narrow yards and has a weight limit of up to 220 pounds.
Buy on Amazon
Trampoline Safety Tips
We want to end our Skywalker Trampolines review with some safety tips. While this company produces one of the safest trampolines on the market with several features that aim to protect users, there are still inherent risks that come with jumping on one.
We urge you to use these tips to ensure you and anyone who uses your trampoline avoid injuries and have only a fun experience with your new purchase.
One of the top rules for trampoline use that most consumers ignore often is one person at a time on the jump mat. When more than one person jumps at the same time, it puts everyone off balance.
It can lead to uncontrollable jumping and movements that increase the chances of an injury. So, you should always enforce the rule that only one person may jump at a time.
You also need to pay attention to the weight and age limits stated in the owner’s manual you get with your trampoline.
Never exceed the weight limit. Doing so can stretch springs and cause excessive wear on the mat, leading to holes or weak spots.
When it comes to age limits, the recommendation is that trampolines are only for those age six or older. Remember that Skywalker Trampolines does sell mini trampolines that are specifically for smaller children.
When setting up and installing your trampoline, make sure to do so away from trees or other hazards. You need to keep an adequate clearance above it to allow for jumping.
Make sure you also install all safety equipment that comes with the product. Double-check that you installed it correctly.
Finally, make sure that you check the trampoline regularly for wear and tear. You should make sure that the springs are tight without any signs of stretching or rust. Also, check the welds on the frame to ensure they are secure. All metal parts should be free from rust, and if you see any, clean it as soon as possible.
Check the mat for rips, fraying, or other signs that the mat may be weak.
Recommended Read: How Much Weight Can a Trampoline Hold?
Jump on a Skywalker Trampolines Trampoline
Now that you’ve read the complete Skywalker Trampolines review, you should have enough information to determine if this brand suits your needs.
Take time to read back over the Skywalker Trampolines review portions that are of most importance to you to ensure that this brand offers exactly what you want.
By ensuring you have complete background information about this brand, you can be positive about your satisfaction with the product when you make a purchase.
Featured Image by Rudy and Peter Skitterians from Pixabay